What is dropshipping?
Dropshipping enables you to sell products online without keeping or handling the inventory. You set the price for the products listed in your online store and when orders come in, the customer pays the retail price you set, you pay the suppliers’ wholesale price, and the rest is profit in your pockets.
There are 4 major steps to start your dropshipping business
- Customer places an order on your website.
- The order goes directly to your wholesale retailer.
- Your Wholesale supplier prepares the order.
- The package is sent to your customers.
This business model saves you the cost of maintaining a warehouse, buying and storing inventory, and managing returns from your customers.
How do I start dropshipping on Shoplazza?
With Shoplazza, you can start dropshipping by completing these 4 steps:
What should I sell?
You can start dropshipping with these 3 rules:
- Price your item with your profit margin in mind
- Think about your product and shipping cost, would it still make sense to sell whatever it is you're planning on selling? You may find that selling a few expensive items per month is more profitable than selling hundreds of keychains.
- Find niche products likely to result in repeat sales
- Look for quality products in a space that you're familiar with. Specialized products tend to have dedicated followings that can turn into repeat customers. The best part is you won't have as much competition from established brands.
- Pick products that will justify long shipping times
- Shipping can take two weeks or more since your products are likely being sent by overseas suppliers. Whatever you're selling should make the wait worthwhile for your customers, and be tough enough to arrive in good condition.