Electronics Policy

If you supply electronics products for sale on Shoplazza, you must comply with all laws, regulations and policies applicable to those products and product listings.
The below material is for informational purposes and you should not take it as a substitute for legal advice. Shoplazza encourages you to consult your legal counsel for any concerns about the laws and regulations concerning your product. 
Due to the special nature of electronics shipping, Shoplazza strongly recommends that merchants indicate the shipping time on the product details page.



Prohibited Listings

Merchants who list prohibited items can lead to remove products or terminate your online store temporarily or permanently:

  • Products capable of blocking, jamming or interfering with licensed or authorized radio communications, such as phones, GPS, radar etc. See the FCC's jammer enforcement   for more information for selling in the US
  • Mobile phone repeaters/boosters or enhancers
  • Products designed to defeat, bypass, or otherwise interfere with law enforcement, vehicle or road safety features, or other legal requirements, such as: Odometer modification devices to tamper with the recorded mileage on a motor vehicle, Traffic light control devices
  • Products that descramble, or gain access to, cable or satellite television services without permission
  • CB amplifiers and radio equipment that operates in both CB and HAM frequencies
  • Portable lasers such as laser pointers, laser flares, laser pens, pet laser pointer toy, 303 laser products and laser projectors
  • Video game emulators and game enhancers (except for silver discs)
  • Smart card programmers and unloopers
  • Modification chips for game consoles (for example, R3, R4, R5, R6, M3, N5 for Nintendo; Pandora for PSP)
  • Standalone replacement batteries, (including laptop, Apple or iPhone branded replacement batteries, Kindle batteries)
  • Spy cameras with an audio-recording function, or which use the 1.2Ghz band or with an output exceeding 10mW (EU & UK) 
  • Credit card reader terminals and portable magnetic stripe card-readers
  • Mobile phones sold with services contracts
  • Products that improperly circumvent cell phone locking, such as cell phones that were originally locked to a cell phone carrier and have been manually unlocked to work with other carriers (such as jailbroken iPhones)
  • Certain streaming media players[2], voice assistant devices, and related accessories.
  • Cylindrical lithium ion cell battery types: 14500, 16340, 18650, 20700, 21700, and 26650 (EU& UK)
  • Appliances for sale in California that do not meet applicable efficiency standards (US)
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 7 


[1] US is allowed Cameras, recorders, or other similar devices can be listed as long as the description doesn't encourage their use for illegal purposes.
[2] Streaming media players
Products offered for sale on Shoplazza should not promote, suggest the facilitation of, or actively enable the infringement of or unauthorized access to digital media or other protected content. Any streaming media player or other device that violates this policy is prohibited from sale on Shoplazza.
Shoplazza allows the sale of used electrical products, but you need to follow the Electronics Condition Guidelines.

United States (US) Requirements

Merchants are generally permitted to sell electronics products in the US that (1) are legal for sale, (2) comply with the relevant legislation, (3) do not interfere with other electronics, and (4) do not circumvent other technical controls, such as copyright protection.

FCC Certification

If you supply Radio Frequency devices or RF devices for sale in the US, you must comply with FCC (Federal Communication Commission) authorization.
*RF devices include, but are not limited to, incidental, unintentional, and intentional radiators defined in 47 CFR 15,  industrial, scientific, and medical equipment described in 47 CFR 18, and  transmitters operating under FCC licensed radio services (examples of other licensed radio services include the Commercial Radio Services described in 47 CFR 22 and 24).

Energy Efficiency Testing and Certification

If you sell the product that falls under the Energy Policy and Conservation Rules, it’s your responsibility to ensure the covered products and equipment comply with the applicable conservation standards. 

EnergyGuide labels and Lighting Facts labels

If you list a product that falls under the Energy Labeling Rule, it’s your responsibility to comply with the Energy Labeling Rule. Merchants and vendors are required to comply with labeling and/or marking    requirements on certain consumer appliances.

Restriction of HCFC use

Prohibits the sale on: 

  • Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning Appliances Containing HCFCs 
  • Appliance or appliance component for air-conditioning or refrigeration appliances containing HCFC-22, HCFC-142b 

Additional information:

EU Requirements

Merchants are generally permitted to sell electronics products in the EU that (1) are legal for sale, (2) comply with the relevant legislation, (3) do not interfere with other electronics, and (4) where applicable, are marked (including with the CE mark).You must also comply with other national requirements in the Member States when you sell these products.
When selling energy-related electronics in the EU, you need to comply with EU Energy Labeling Regulations . For detailed information, please refer to the EU Energy Labeling requirements.
Additional Useful Information for selling electronics in the EU

UK Requirements

Merchants are generally permitted to sell electronics products in the UK that (1) are legal for sale, (2) comply with the relevant legislation, (3) do not interfere with other electronics, and (4) where applicable, are marked (including with the CE or UKCA marks). 
When selling energy-related electronics in the UK, you need to comply with EU Energy Labeling Regulations and  UK Energy Information Regulations  , For detailed information, please refer to the UK Energy Labeling requirements.
Please note that different rules will apply from 1 January 2021 in (1) Great Britain (England, Scotland, Wales, “GB”) and (2) Northern Ireland (“NI”), as a result of the Northern Ireland Protocol.

Brexit: UK Government Guidance

The UK Government has released guidance on selling products in GB and NI after Brexit. This guidance provides information for manufacturers, importers and distributors regarding compliance requirements from 1 January 2021, including:

  • whether you need to change your conformity assessment;
  • when and how to use the UKCA mark;
  • requirements for technical documentation and a specific Declaration of Conformity for products sold in GB;
  • appointing an authorized representative or responsible person in the UK;
  • whether your legal responsibilities will change as a result of Brexit;
  • whether you need to provide GB importer information, and methods for doing this (including transitional arrangements until the end of 2022);
  • how to deal with existing stock;
  • what documentary evidence is required to show that products have been placed in the UK or EU before the end of the Transition Period (31 December 2020); and specific rules for selling products in NI.


Shoplazza encourages you to review this guidance (linked below), alongside any other specific UK Government guidance that applies to your product. You should consult your legal counsel if you have questions about how the laws and regulations apply to your products from 1 January 2021.
The Brexit guidance can be found here:


Northern Ireland

For products sold in NI:

  • You should ensure that products meet EU requirements and that you use the CE mark.
  • You are an importer established in the EU or NI and you sell products from a country outside of the EU and Northern Ireland (including from GB) into NI. Products sold in NI should be marked with details of any EU / NI based importer.
  • Authorized representatives can be based in NI or the EU. From 16 July 2021, new rules come into force under EU Regulation 2019/1020 and some businesses may need to appoint a responsible person in the EU or NI to carry out compliance functions (if there is another entity in the supply chain who is able to carry out the functions). Further guidance on the new rules will be made available by the UK Government.
  • “Qualifying Northern Ireland goods” will be able to be sold in GB with the CE mark. The UK Government is issuing guidance on how this will work.

Additional Useful Information for selling electronics in the UK

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.

Live chat