Different provinces in Canada have their own tax policies. To make it easier for you to comply with these rules, we've rolled out an update. Now you can set tax rates for each Canadian province. Please note that the information in this article will help you to have a general understanding of sales tax in Canada, but cannot replace any official government information or regulations. If you have any questions about your own tax matters, please contact a local tax accountant or tax agency.
From your Shoplazza Admin > Settings > Taxes, you can either manage your existing base tax profile or create a new tax override profile.
Setting up a Base tax profile
1. Click Manage profile.
2. Search for Canada in the search bar and click the pencil icon to edit the profile.
3. Enter the tax rate for each Canadian province. Then, click Save to complete your settings.
Setting up a Tax override profile
1. Click Create profile to set up a new profile especially for Canada. If you have already created one, click Manage profile.
2. After selecting target products, click Select zones.
3. Search for Canada, then select all the regions and click Confirm.
4. Click the arrow icon to reveal the list of provinces and edit the sales tax rate. Then, click Save to complete your settings.
5. The checkout page will display the specific amount of each type of tax as is shown in the screenshot below:
6. From your Shoplazza Admin > Orders > All orders, you can find tax details in both the order summary and the invoices. This will give you a clear understanding of how taxes are applied to your sales.
Specific tax rules for Canadian provinces
Canada charges Goods and Services Tax (GST). Some provinces also add a Provincial Sales Tax (PST) or use a combined Harmonized Sales Tax (HST).
|GST + PST
|Newfoundland and Labrador
|Prince Edward Island
|GST + QST
|GST + PST