The footer section is your navigation that appears in the bottom margin of your web pages. An effective footer section may contain links to other parts of your website, such as store policy terms, and store introduction. The footer section is a great place to build trust and enhance the user experience by making it easier and faster for people to access the information they need.
This section is useful when:
- You want to improve the quality of service by adding more contact information as well as building trust with your clients.
- You want to increase social media engagement for your brand.
This guide will help you understand how to create a Footer section in Hero.
Editing your footer section
1. From your Shoplazza Admin, go to > Settings > Themes > and click on the Customize button.
2. Click the default Footer section to edit the properties.
1. Enable this feature to insert a newsletter signup module into your footer menu.
Please refer to this help document if you would like to learn more about the newsletter section and features.
2. Use the text box to edit your signup message.
1. Here, you are provided with more options to edit your copyright text.
1. Refer back to the main editing page and click the footer menu icon to further manage your footer navigation settings.
2. By clicking the icon, you will be redirected to the main dashboard. You can always refer back to this page from Shoplazza Admin > Online store > Navigation to make adjustments to your footer menu.
Please refer to this help document if you need help managing your navigation.
3. Here, the menu editor enables you to switch between existing menus or you may also delete the current menu assigned.
1. If your customers are viewing your store pages on mobile devices or using window sizes from desktops, the footer menu will be compressed into vertical layers for shortening long pages of content into broad, easy-to-scan topics. Here, you can choose to have your footer navigation either expandable or always visible by default.
Editing your footer content
1. Add more blocks to display different information about your store.
1. In Navigation, Assign a menu and edit the menu title.
1. To add contact information, click on Contact and Social block.
2. Here, you can manage the Title and add your Phone number.
Protip: Adding your phone number in the footer section is not mandatory, but we encourage you to have multiple types of contact that enhance your store's reliability and make your business trustworthy.
3. Select Page to link other pages of your store to the text displayed.
4. Here, you can assign to redirect customers to other pages of your store. If your store offers live chat services, you can redirect customers to contact you from a Custom URL webpage.
5. Use the custom text box to add any additional contact information about your store.
6. Enable this feature to show social accounts.
If you need to display the social media icon, you need to go to Theme settings > Social Media and fill in the corresponding URL, otherwise the icon will not be displayed.
7. Click Theme settings to enable displaying your social media icons.
8. Fill in your social media URL correspondingly in each column to display the icon.
1. Add a payment block to display available payment methods in your store.
2. Edit the title of this menu. In Icons, we have prepared a list of checkout payment options examples by default. You may edit the list to display payment methods that are available in your store. For example, you may display the PayPal icon by inputting "Paypal" and pressing the "Enter" key.
Icons must be written in the correct format to be displayed.
An effective footer section improves a store's overall usability. Potential customers turn to the footer section to find more options that are not available in global navigations. A refined footer section can also remind your customers about other offerings from your store.