This article will introduce you to the steps and precautions of how to download and upload themes.
On This Page
Download Themes Files
1. Start here: Online Store > Themes > Current theme & Recently added > Actions > Download theme file
2. Select an added theme and click the Download theme file button. If you download a published theme, the downloaded file will not include the draft code. If you download an unpublished theme, the downloaded file will include the draft code.
When the recently added theme list is not blank, please go to Online Store > Themes > Recently Added > Upload Theme.
When the recently added theme list is blank, please go to Online Store > Themes > Recently Added > Manage your theme here > Upload Theme.
1. Upload local files. The file must be a compressed package file in .zip format, and a file exceeding 50 MB cannot be uploaded.
2. After selecting the theme file, click Upload file to start uploading the theme. The uploaded theme file must contain the theme.liquid file in the layout directory. For more details, please see Theme Architecture Specification.
3. After the theme is uploaded successfully, you can see the theme in the Recently added section. The theme will not be published by default.