This guide will walk you through the process of adding a split-screen slideshow to your theme section. This layout distinctively separates your images from additional content, allowing for clear headlines, subtext, and optional buttons. These buttons can lead customers to your collection pages. We'll guide you through each step to add this engaging feature to your site.
Adding a Split slideshow section
1. From your Shoplazza admin > Online store ＞ Themes, click on Customize.
2. Click the Add section to see more available sections for this theme.
3. Select the Split slideshow section and adjust your settings as needed.
4. If you would like to reposition the Split slideshow section, use the Drag indicator to place it anywhere on the layout.
5. In the added Split slideshow section, you are given options to edit the following:
- Click the split slideshow here.
- Full page width: toggle on to display this section in fullscreen size.
- Desktop & Mobile height: Use the sliders to adjust the height of this section. To preview your adjustments for mobile devices, please refer to the preview icon on the top right.
- Slide navigation style: Select your layout for slide navigation from Classic and Magazine.
- Auto-change slides: Toggle on to rotate your slides automatically. Use the slider option to manage the rotation timeframe.
- Change images every: Choose the number of seconds between each image change.
- Images and Button edges: Select from Square or Round.
Editing your Split slideshow section
1. A minimum of 2 slides are required, and you may add up to a maximum of 5.
2. Heading and Text: Customize your Heading and Text body.
3. Linking your buttons: You can link your buttons either to your collections or to a different collection, based on your setup.
4. Text alignment: Customize your layout settings of where your text should be positioned.
5. Indent image: toggle on this option to auto-resize the image and leave more empty space to fit in your text.
6. Image focal point: Set a focal point to ensure that a key part of an image won't get cropped.
7. Background: Here, you are given a few extra options to modify the background color and add color contrast to the section you created.
Successfully adding a dynamic split-screen slideshow to your website not only enhances the visual appeal of your site but also improves user engagement. The split layout ensures your content is presented clearly and attractively, making it easier for customers to navigate to key areas like your collection pages. With this new feature, your site will offer a more interactive and visually compelling experience for your visitors.