The footer section is the navigation at the bottom of your web pages. An effective footer section may contain links to other parts of your website, such as store policies, terms, and store introduction. It's a great place to build trust and enhance user experience by making it easier and faster for people to access the information they need. Here is an example of a footer section in Hero.
The types of functions you can set up in the footer section may vary depending on what Shoplazza theme you use.
Creating a footer section
1. From your Shoplazza Admin, go to > Online Store > Themes > and click the Customize button.
2. Click the Footer section to edit the properties.
1. Enable this feature to insert a newsletter signup module into your footer menu.
Please refer to this help document if you would like to learn more about the newsletter section and features.
2. Use the text box to edit your signup message.
1. Here, you are provided with more options to edit your copyright text.
1. Refer back to the main editing page and click the edit menu icon to further manage your footer navigation settings.
2. By clicking the icon, your browser will open a new tab to Shoplazza Admin > Online store > Navigation. On this page, you can make adjustments to your footer menu and assign it as a template to the theme you are working on.
Note: Please refer to this help document if you need help managing your navigation.
3. Here you can use the menu editor to change/remove assigned menus.
1. If your customers are viewing your store pages on mobile devices, the footer menu will be compressed into vertical layers for shortening long pages of content into broad, easy-to-scan topics. Here, you can choose to have your footer navigation either expandable or always visible by default.
Editing your footer content
1. Add more content blocks to display different information about your store.
1. In Navigation, Assign a menu and edit the menu title.
1. To add contact information, click on the Contact and Social block.
2. Here, you can add and manage the block title and add your phone number.
Adding your phone number in the footer section is not mandatory, but we encourage you to have multiple types of contact that enhance your store's reliability and make your business trustworthy.
3. Select Page to link other page content to your contact.
4. Here, you can assign a page to your text display and redirect customers to other pages of your store. For example, if your store offers live chat services, you can redirect customers to contact you from a Custom URL webpage by clicking Live chat.
5. Use the custom text box to add any additional contact information about your store
6. Adding social proof is an essential element in evaluating the success of your store. You may enable this option to display your social account information.
TipsYour social account information can be managed in Theme settings > Social Media.
7. Click Theme settings to enable displaying your social media icons.
8. Fill in your social media URL correspondingly in each column to display the icon.
1. Add a payment block to display available payment methods in your store.
2. Here, you can edit the title of this menu in the Heading. Under Icons, there is a default list of checkout payment options that you can modify to display the payment methods available in your store. For instance, you can add the PayPal icon by typing "Paypal" and pressing the "Enter" key.
Icons must be written in the correct format to be displayed.
An effective footer section improves a store's overall usability. Potential customers turn to the footer section to find more options that are not available in global navigations. A refined footer section can also remind your customers about other offerings from your store.