A slideshow is a great way to showcase your product and images with text. You can make a moving slideshow by adding a Hero slideshow section to your online store.
- A Hero slideshow section is useful when:
- Showcasing your featured collection.
- Greeting your customers with image-rich messages.
This article will guide you through adding a Hero Slideshow section to your store theme.
Adding a Hero slideshow section
1. From your Shoplazza Admin > Online store > Themes, click Customize next to the target theme.
2. The Hero slideshow sections may come as default sections in certain themes. You can click each section to edit if you would like to use the default layout.
You may also use the default layout and click on the default section to edit the properties.
3. Click Add section.
4. Click Show more.
5. Under the Additional sections, find and click the Hero slideshow section to add it to the theme.
Customizing the style of each slide
Refer back to the main editing page to make further edits to each of the slides separately.
- Heading and Text
Customize the title and description of the slide.
- Linking your buttons
Here you have the option of linking the buttons to your collections or redirecting them to another collection depending on your setup.
- Button colour
Customize the color of your button.
- Text alignment
Customize your layout settings of where your text should be positioned.
- Image properties
Select images to upload or choose from the Library, or you may browse from Free images.
- Text protection (opacity)
This darkens the image to make text easier to read if text is a lighter colour.
- Image focal point
Set a focal point to ensure that a key part of an image won't get cropped.
The Image section above is useful when your customer is viewing your store from a desktop. To ensure the text will display normally on all mobile devices, you can create Mobile Friendly text by utilizing the Mobile image window.
Now you can use the Hero slideshow section to highlight your top products, new arrivals, or special promotions. By doing so, you will grab customers' attention immediately when they visit your store, so as to boost sales.