What is SEO Optimizer？
SEO optimizer is essentially a key addon that can be installed from our app store on Shoplazza Admin. There are various ways to utilize this app to your advantage, including:
- Evaluate and enhance your store's SEO performance.
- diagnose SEO issues.
- Set Meta tags for your store pages such as product pages, homepage, collections, blogs, etc.
- Create alt tags for images to improvise SEO performance of your store.
- Tweak the settings to affect how Google indexes the page to increase the click-through rate（CTR) of search results.
How it works on SEO?
- Install the App
From your Shoplazza Admin, go to Apps > Visit App Store. When search “SEO”, you will see SEO Optimizer in the search results.
- After you install the App, log in to the dashboard to view the data
You can monitor the organic traffic on your website and any conversions that may have occurred. You can also analyze consumer behaviors based on the data on the landing page.
How to diagnose SEO issues?
- Click SEO Checklist
When you click “Scan”, the system will conduct an SEO scanning on the website. This process should take around 5 minutes.
- SEO Issue: it shows any serious SEO issues that need to be fixed as soon as possible.
- Improvements: it shows problems that may have an impact on SEO. There are rooms to improve the overall SEO performance.
- Good result: no issues detected.
- Fix the issues
You can learn about the ongoing issues and the proposed solutions by clicking to expand the menu. Some issues come with the recommended tools to be fixed. If there is no recommended tool to support the repair, you can check to review it and adjust it manually.
How to add Meta tags for your store
- Click Meta tags to configure tag settings for each page
Click the tab at the top of the Meta tab to navigate between different pages for tag settings. You can create tags with different lengths according to the requirements and see the sample preview on Google on the display area.
The SEO tags already in place on the website will be overridden by this tag.
- Modify the Mega tags on different pages
You can search product titles and other information on different pages, such as the Product page, Collection page, and Blog page, to modify their Meta tags.
How to add Alt tags for images
- Click Image Optimization to add image Alt tag
Complete the image Alt tag and click Save.
Rules: you can customize the text and specify the variables; existing Alt text will not be overwritten; newly added images will be subject to the rule.
You can click "Use Recommended Settings" to adopt the recommended settings.
- Alt attribute and Alt tag are a description of the image, which is used to display the explanatory text in the image area when they cannot be displayed for some reason.
- Images are more difficult for search engines to understand than text. As search engines crawl web content, Alt tags help them understand images and related web pages. When your image contains precise Alt tags, search engines are more likely to locate it in a search query. Also, for linked images, search engines treat Alt tags like anchor text in text links. Relevant links help improve search engine rankings.
- Be sure to use Alt tags on all images, whether they are images from your gallery or created by your own.
How to fix broken links
- Click Broken Links to identify links that no longer work on your store
When a product is removed from the store or a page is deleted, there may be broken links in the store, which will affect the SEO performance of the website.
You can choose to redirect an invalid page to a specific link and save it. After doing so, when the user visits the broken link, it will be redirected to the site you want them to visit.
- If you want to be redirected to the store's home page, please type /
- Redirect from can be a path, such as /collection/shirts, or the full URL. Here is an example: http://www.example.com/collection/shirts.
- To redirect traffic to the page in your store, use a path. To redirect traffic externally outside the store, use the full URL.
How to set up Sitemap
- Click Sitemap and copy the sitemap address
Click Sitemap to enter the page, you will see that the sitemap address has been generated automatically. Click the icon to copy this sitemap address.
- Add the sitemap address to the Google search console
Click “Connect to Google search console”, which will redirect you to the Google Search Console page. Click the “search property” dropdown button and choose “Add property.
- In the pop-up window, enter your domain, for example, Nike.com. (Note: You need to use the domain purchased by yourself for verification. Using the domain provided by Shoplazza will not be able to complete the verification.)
- If the ownership of the domain name has not been verified, the following pop-up window will show up. At this moment, you need to copy this TXT first, and then go to the domain name service provider. For example, if the domain name was purchased on Alibaba Cloud, you need to go to the Alibaba Cloud admin, paste this TXT to the DNS configuration, and save it. After that, return to this page and click the "Verify" button to proceed.
- After the ownership of the domain name has been verified, the page will be redirected to the "Sitemap" tab. You need to return to the Shoplazza to continue.
- Copy the sitemap address to the place shown below and click submit.
Alternatives for Step 2 and Step 3
In step 2, instead of entering the domain, you can also choose to enter RUL.
In step 3, you have another option to insert the copied meta tag in the custom code embedded plug-in in Shoplazza admin and for the code position, select the top position.
After submitting successfully, the Shoplazza system will automatically update in the early morning every day. If a page has changed, we also support manual submission of Sitemap. Generally, Google's indexing is not real-time, so it is recommended to check the indexing results the next day after submission.
How to set up Google Snippets
- Click Google Snippets to set it up
Click to enable or disenable and save the settings. You can view the display effect of the website in Google.
Breadcrumb: Use a breadcrumb structure to display search results and help users understand the site page structure. This breadcrumb will not show in the store, but only in the search engine.
Products: Use this structure will help users better understand the products sold in the store. When a customer searches for product information in the store, the product information will be displayed, and the product Meta tag will be used for display.
Sitelinks: The Meta tag of the home page will be displayed.