Store owners are granted permission by default to view private store/customer/banking information, and other financial information on Shoplazza. Some of this information should be kept confidential to ensure customer safety. As your business scales, you may need to assign certain tasks to your staff members that require them to have access to sensitive information.
- Sensitive information/permissions should only be given to your most trusted employees to ensure safety.
- Evenly distribute administrative tasks to multiple staff members to diversify the risk by reducing the information one staff member can have access to.
Staff permissions enable you to do the following
- Staff members can help manage your store.
- Delegate some workflows, such as GDPR requests, and updating payment settings.
- Distribute sensitive tasks across several staff members to ensure that no one staff member's account is vulnerable.
- Release ownership of your store without complications.
Encouraging all your staff to activate 2-step authentication for their account will add extra security for your store.
The following are permissions that expose private store data. Please review the list carefully before giving these permissions:
- Request customer data
- Edit permissions
- Edit billing payment methods and invoices
- Manage other payment settings