Base tax profile
Your tax rate may vary depending on the types of products you sell in your store. If you plan on shipping internationally, most of your products are subject to a commodity tax from the countries to which you will be selling/shipping your products. The base tax profile is a section where you can manage all your general tax rate information.
How to set up a base tax profile?
1. From your Shoplazza admin, go to Settings > Taxes.
2. In the Base tax profile section, click Manage profile to modify tax rates based on Countries/Regions.
3. Press the Save button on top right when complete.
- The Countries/Regions listed correspond to destinations included in your shipping profile.
- Toggle on/off on each destination to enable/disable tax rates applied.
- Press the icon to make adjustments to the percentage of tax rate applied.
- Look up specific countries in the search bar and press the pen icon to edit tax rates applied by regions/states.
Rates modified in Base tax profile will be applied to all products (including newly added products) by default unless custom rates of products are specified otherwise with an Override tax profile.
Override tax profileUnlike general taxes applied to most of your products, there are countries that might provide tax reduction/exemption or even tax benefits to some of the products you sell. You can address these situations with an Override tax profile, so that customers notice the changes applied. You can create an Override tax profile and assign them according to taxation policies/requirements for specific types of products. For example, some products may have different tax rates to be applied due to government regulations or not at all.
Set up tax override profile
- From your Shoplazza admin, go to Settings > Taxes.
- In the Tax override profile section, click Create profile.
- Add a name for your future reference.
- Press Select products to assign product feeds.
- Press Select zones to sort and include countries/regions for this tax profile.
- Press the Save button on top right when complete.