When unpublishing a product, to avoid affecting the completion of abandoned checkouts, you can enable the product inventory verification. As long as the customer has added a product to the cart, an order is created. However, if customers haven’t completed the payment and the product is suddenly unpublished, the order will be automatically canceled. Customers will be notified to place another order.
- From your Shoplazza admin, go to Settings > Checkout.
- Navigate to the Inventory verification section.
- Select between Do not verify inventory status and Verify the inventorystatus.
- Do not verify inventory status: During the ordering process (after the order is created and before the completion), orders can still be placed when the product is unpublished.
- Verify the inventory status: During the ordering process (after the order is created and before the completion), customers will be notified to replace their orders if the product is unpublished.
4. Click Save.