To defend yourself against risks, this article will guide you to generate a unique password for your account and find out how to secure compromised accounts and reset blocked credentials.
On this page
Generate unique passwords with a password vault
Many people share the same password for more than one account. They often pair passwords with the same username or email address. Without a unique password, if a username/password pair is exposed, then an attacker can gain access to another account that uses those credentials.
Using password vault software is a good approach to generating and managing passwords. Once you use a password vault, you only need to remember the vault's master key, and your other passwords can be automatically generated combinations of letters, numbers, and symbols. Common password vaults include LastPass, Dashlane, and 1password.
Defend against phishing
Phishing attacks try to fool you into installing malicious software on your device or giving up sensitive information. Learn how to protect yourself with Forter risk control protection.
Noted: Currently, Forter risk control protection is only available for Airwallex, Worldpay and Pacypay credit cards payment.
Secure a compromised account
If your account has been compromised, then take action to protect your data right away.
- Log in to the email account that you use to log in to Shoplazza and change the password following the steps : Account management > Security > Bound account > Reset password.
- Log in to Shoplazza and change the password for your Shoplazza account. If you can't log in, then reset your password. If you don't receive a password reset email, then contact Shoplazza Support.
- Check and update your banking details for PayPal and any other payment providers you have configured.
- Review your general account settings to make sure all other information is correct.
- Follow government guides to protect your identity and sensitive information.
Reset blocked credentials
Since many people share the same password in more than one account, they often pair passwords with the same username or email address. If a username/password pair is exposed, then an attacker can gain access to another account that uses those credentials.
To reduce the risk of this happening to you, we obtain and analyze information from public data breaches. If your credentials are found in any of these leaks, then we will lock your account. When you try to log in, you will see an error message until you reset your password to one that has not been compromised.
You should also use password vaulting software to make all your accounts as secure as possible.
Suspicious login activity
In order to prevent Shoplazza accounts from being logged in by attackers, Shoplazza's security system will lock account access if unusual activity is detected. In these cases, you will need to confirm your identity as part of the login process.
A code will be sent to your account email address. Enter this code to confirm your identity and log in.