Firearms are not allowed. Listings for allowed firearm parts and accessories must follow strict guidelines.
Firearms can't be listed on Shoplazza due to strict federal, state, and international laws banning the sale of these items. Listings for some firearm parts and accessories are allowed as long as sellers follow our guidelines.
- The listing must clearly identify the part or accessory being sold as well as the (type, features and materials) of firearm it fits ("type" can mean general use), for example, "This part is made of Nylon, can be used with Glock(36, 39, 43X MOS and features for better self-defense). "
- Parts and accessories for assault weapons, including blueprints and instructions
- Any part or accessory in violation of local law
- Firearm receivers, even if incomplete
- Ammunition for firearms, including bullets, cartridges, casings, shells, and hulls
- The following firearm accessories are not allowed:
- Frames, kits used to create a firearm, polymer 80 frame kits, flash suppressors, silencers, sears, high capacity magazines that accept more than 10 rounds (even if they have been modified to accept fewer), magazine extenders, bump fire stocks, grenade launchers, and pistol conversion kits
- The following accessories for semi automatic pistols are not allowed
- Barrel shrouds, forward pistol grips, and threaded barrels
- CS gas canisters, pepper sprays and other self-defence sprays (UK)
- high voltage electric stun guns
- high-powered air rifles and pistols (UK)
- items that have the appearance of being a firearm and can be readily converted into a live firearm
Listings for firearms parts and accessories that we allow must follow these guidelines:
- The item shipped to the US regions must comply with California state law
- The item shipped to the UK must comply with UK law.
Replica, toy, and prop firearms
For US regions, replica firearms, toy and prop guns must have a blaze orange plug and follow our guidelines. For UK and European regions, certain imitation firearms are not allowed. Please refer to the following guidance:
- The seller follows all applicable government regulations
- The item has a blaze orange barrel plug permanently attached
- The picture shows the actual item for sale
- The item description has the following disclaimer: "This replica gun contains the colored markings required by law, including a permanently attached orange plug."
- Replica firearm parts and accessories that are intended for assault weapon models are not allowed due to potential cross-functionality with real assault weapons, for example, a foregrip for a softair rifle, as this part might also be attached to a real weapon of this type
In accordance with government regulations and international laws, certain imitation firearms can't be sold to the UK and European regions. For UK and European regions, the definition of prohibited imitation firearms: Guns and pistols using compressed gas, with the exception of water guns and water pistols, and bows for archery over 120 cm long.
BB guns, airsoft, and air rifles or air pistols sold on Shoplazza must follow strict guidelines.
We prohibit the sale of certain weapons on Shoplazza, and sellers must follow our guidelines when selling other allowed items such as air rifles and air pistols.
- BB guns, pellet guns, airsoft, air rifles and air pistols may be sold as long as they follow these rules:
- Follow all applicable laws
- The gun is not greater than .25 caliber
- The item is located in the US and only US shipping is offered
- The item description contains the following disclaimer: "This listing complies with Shoplazza's air gun policy and I will only ship airguns to buyers in jurisdictions where permitted to by applicable laws
- Airsoft guns must have a blaze orange barrel plug permanently attached, and may not be converted to shoot any lethal projectile
For safety, the sale of military items is restricted. While military surplus items and body armor that follows our policy can be sold, explosives and military ordnance aren't allowed on Shoplazza.
Due to government regulations controlling the sale of items designed or modified for military or defense purposes, (including parts/components, software and information) there are some items that can't be listed on Shoplazza.
The following items are not allowed
- Explosives of any type including grenades of any kind, land mines, missiles, rockets, or launchers
- Military ordnance such as weapons or ammunition, regardless of whether the item is considered demilitarized or unserviceable
- Items for military use only
- Most military vehicles, including aircraft and ships, and their parts and accessories
- Military-issued body armor, Level 4 body armor, or body armor stamped with "US", including Outer Tactical Vests (OTV), or Small Armor Protective Insert (SAPI) plates
- SAPI plates that aren't property described
- Interceptor Body Armor (IBA), including items manufactured by Point Blank (PBI), Second Chance (SCI), and Armor Holding
- Interceptor Body Armor (IBA) and Interceptor Outer Tactical Vests (OTV) with or without plates
- Detachable groin armor and neck armor
- Technical data as defined under Part 120 of the ITAR
- Including user manuals for military items
Defense articles and Outdoor items
The US government makes a distinction between "defense articles" that are specifically developed, configured, or adapted for military applications and "dual-use" items that have both military and civilian applications.
Items identified on the US Munitions List found in the ITAR Part 121 that are not allowed to sell internationally. We advise US sellers to review ITAR Part 121. If the item you want to list is included on the United States Munitions List, it isn't allowed on Shoplazza.
The following outdoor items are not allowed
- Stun guns and tasers
- Blowpipes or blowguns
- Slingshots/catapults except for children’s toys
- Batons and telescopic truncheons
- Tear gas
- Pepper spray and mace
- Weapons designed to be concealed or disguised
- Swordsticks and hollow kubotans
- Brass knuckles, knuckle dusters, handclaws and footclaws
- Shurikens, throwing knives and death stars
Shoplazza policy prohibits the listing or sale of certain knives. The following or similar types of knives aren't allowed:
- Butterfly knives (also known as 'balisongs') - A blade enclosed by its handle. Designed to split down the middle to reveal the blade without using a spring or other mechanical means.
- Hidden or disguised knives - A blade or sharp point hidden insidc something that looks like a commonly carried everyday object. For example, a comb, brush, pen, cigarette lighter, key, lipstick or phone.
- Belt buckle knife - A buckle which incorporates or conceals a knife.
- Zombie knives - a knife with a cutting edge, a serrated edge and images or words suggesting it is used for violence
- Sword - A curved blade of 50 centimetres or over, based on the straight-line distance from the top of the handle to the tip of the blade.
- Sword-sticks - a hollow walking stick or cane containing a blade
- Knuckle knives
- Pilum ballistic knives
- Shuriken, ‘shaken’, ‘death star’ or ‘throwing star’ - A hard non-flexible plate with three or more sharp radiating points, designed to be thrown.
- Stealth knife - A knife or spike made of a material that cannot be picked up by metal detectors and which is not made for use at home, for food or as a toy.
- Kusari or ‘manrikigusari’ (UK)
- Cyclone or spiral knives (UK)
For more information, please see Selling, buying and carrying knives and weapons - GOV.UK
The European Union is enhancing enforcement of product compliance, which will impact international sellers selling to buyers in the EU starting from 16 July 2021. The EU regulations on market surveillance together with the Guidelines for its practical implementation established the legal framework for customs or regulators to verify and enforce requirements of EU product compliance including the CE symbol, which is a certification by manufacturers that the products meet EU legal and safety standards.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- (check if you unsure the US export requirements)
- Part 121 of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- (Prohibited military-related items in US)
- European Rapid Alert system for dangerous products
- (Safety Gate: the EU rapid alert system for dangerous non-food products)
- US Department of Defense
- US Department of State
- US Department of Justice
- US Department of Commerce
- California Firearms Laws Summary
- UK Licensing Notice
- EU Marking of firearms and their essential components
- EU Control of the acquisition and possession of weapons (codification)