This section outlines the essential steps to building your Shoplazza store once you've signed up for an account.
Choose a theme
Nova 2022 is the default theme for all Shoplazza accounts. You can see it under Themes on your dashboard.
1. To customize your store, find "Online store" on your dashboard, and under “Themes", click on "Customize".
2. You need to add new themes to your library to customize your store. Find "Free themes" by scrolling down on the Themes page - choose the one you want for your store.
3. Click "Preview" before adding the theme to your library to see how it'll look for your store.
4. In "Preview", click the corresponding icons to switch between PC and Mobile view.
5. Newly added themes can be found under "Recently added", located just above "Free themes".
6. Click on "Actions" for the following options:
- Preview: see how a theme looks on your store without making it available to the public.
- Publish: make the current version of your store available to the public.
- Duplicate: make a copy the theme, it will appear under "Recently added" as "Copy of xx".
- Upgrade: get the latest version of the theme (the current version won't be overwritten; the updated theme will appear in "Recently added").
- Rename: change the name of the theme to your liking.
- Download theme file: you can make additional changes to the theme file by downloading it.
- Edit languages: change the display language to any one of the sixteen supported languages, including English, French, German, Italian, and more (you can also manually edit the translated text to your liking).
- Edit code: change the theme to your liking by making changes to the code.
- Delete: any modifications will be lost once a theme is deleted, it cannot be restored and has to be added again.
7. Click on "Customize" to the right of the dropdown menu, and you can start customizing your online store.
8. Seven customizable components can be selected from the drop-down menu at the top of the page. You can edit them in any order you wish, but we recommend starting at the top, with "Home page" for consistency.
Customize a theme
Every theme has different "sections" and "blocks" that fall under them.
Click "Add section" or "Add blocks" to add more; you can also hover your mouse over a section/block on the preview layout and click "+" at the top or bottom.
Duplicate ("overlapping squares" icon), set viewing permission (click "eye" icon), and move (hold "dots" icon) a section by clicking one of the three icons to the right of the section name.
Expand or collapse a section by clicking on the triangle left of the section name.
1. Home Page Customization
Most of your visitors will see your home page first.
You can customize text, image, background, and more, for each section as you see fit.
You can also remove unnecessary blocks by clicking "Remove block" (click on the block first).
2. Announcement, Header, and Footer Customization
- Select Home page from the dropdown menu at the top of the page, you will see sections including Announcement, Header, and Footer.
- The Announcement box can be used to highlight promo codes or hassle-free returns, at the top of your home page.
- The Header space can be customized for your logo, main menu, and search box.
- The Footer space can be customized for your footer menu, newsletter registration, contact info, and more.
- To edit the main menu in Header or the menu in Footer, click on Change under the section Navigation, select Change menu.
- Now you can edit the menu or create a new one.
- The navigation menu in Header and menu in Footer can also be edited in your Shoplazza admin, under Online Store, by clicking on Navigation.
3. Theme settings
- To change your store's overall design, go to Theme settings.
- You can change the style of your store theme by clicking Theme style.
- From here, you can pick the theme style you like and click Change style.
4. Products Customization
Select Products from the dropdown menu at the top of the page, and click on Default product.
If you've uploaded product details already, you'll see a page like the one below. Reposition sections and manage their visibility by clicking on the corresponding icons, as mentioned in General Info at beginning of the Customize a theme section.
To determine the way your product description is displayed, click on Description under the section Description.
From there, you can choose between an Expandable description,
Or a description that's Always visible.
You can insert additional content to highlight your products. Select Custom content under the section Description to add a custom page with the content you want in your product description.
You'll need to select a page you've already created.
If not, you can click Add page to create a page with the content you want.
5. Collections Customization
Select Collections from the drop-down menu at the top of the page, click on Default collection.
Customize the height of the collection image under Collection image.
Change the way the collection description is displayed under Collection description,
Adjust product layout under Collection pages.
You can also enable Recently viewed product to show your visitors the products they have recently viewed.
6. Pages Customization.
Select Pages from the drop-down menu at the top of the page, and click on Default pages.
You can hide pages, or click Add section to fill your page with additional content.
You can add videos, images with text, slideshows, and more to spice things up!
7. Cart customization.
Select Cart from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Give your visitors shipping tips and product recommendations in their carts, by clicking Add free shipping tips or Cart recommendations.
8. Search Customization:
Select Search from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Click Search results under the section Search to change the layout of the search results.
You can change the number of products shown and the way they are arranged.
9. Checkout Customization
Select Checkout from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
You can add a banner to the checkout page or customize the backgrounds of the order summary and payment information. Click on the corresponding sections under Theme settings on the left side of the page to do so.
10. Click Save draft to save your customization. Once you're done, click Publish, and your store will go live.