What is Web Push notification?
Sending notifications requires customer authorization, and the browser asks the customer to allow your store to send notifications. You can edit the configuration related to the authorization pop-up window in the browser notification settings.
What does the web push do?
Merchants can use web push to recall abandoned checkout, abandoned cart, abandoned product, as well as order confirmation, shipping confirmation, thanks for reviewing and win back. The web push will guide customers to bookmark your store or guide customers using Android phones to add your store to the system desktop, thereby increasing conversions and repurchases.
In order to improve your recovery efficiency, we also support sending an exclusive discount code with the notification. Customers click the notification to automatically generate an exclusive discount code, which can be used in combination with other store campaigns.
We currently support sending notifications to customers using Google Chrome.
How Do I Send Web Push Notifications to Customers?
1. Start here: Shoplazza admin > Customers > Notifications > Web Push.
2. Click Create campaign.
3. Select a template and click the Customize button to enter the edit page. There are currently seven recommended templates available. If you activate the template, a notification will be sent according to the sending time you set.
- Abandoned checkout: When an order has not been completed, send customers a web push notification and remind them to complete the purchase with exclusive offer.
- Abandoned cart: Remind customers about the items they forgot in their cart, send customers a web push notification , and encourage them to complete their purchase with exclusive offer.
- Abandoned product: Encourage customers who view product pages without adding them to their carts or purchasing to come back to your store. The customer clicks the notification to return to the product page (the product page with the highest sales among those the customer has viewed) with exclusive offer.
- Order confirmation: After customers place an order, recommend they bookmark your store or add your store to their home screen.
- Shipping confirmation: After an order has been shipped, recommend customers bookmark your store or add your store to their home screen.
- Thanks for reviewing: After customers submit a 5-star review, send notifications to them and offer a coupon to encourage them to place another order.
- Win back: Send notifications to customers who have not placed an order for a period of time and offer a coupon code to encourage them come back.
4. Preview and edit notification content. Templates have preset content, which you can edit as needed.
- The primary link is the link that will open when the user clicks the notification. All templates provide a default primary link, which does not support editing at the moment. To add personalized links, you can click Add button.
- Logos are small images that users see in notifications. All templates provide the default logo, which cannot be edited for the time being.
- The abandoned checkout template will automatically display an image of the top-selling product in the customer's order.
- The abandoned cart template will automatically display images of the top-selling product left in the customer's cart.
- The abandoned product template will automatically display an image that shows the top selling product among the products a customer has viewed.
- The order confirmation template, shipping confirmation template, thanks for reviewing template and win back template will automatically display your store favicon.
- Displaying banner images is only supported on Android phones and Windows desktops.
- Click Add button to add a new button, and you can fill in the button text and link of a certain page of the store.
- Clicking Send test will send you a test message. The test message will not generate exclusive offer. You need to enable Google Chrome's notification permission on your system.
5. Set the Send after time. Sending times vary by template.
- Abandoned checkout: If set to 15 minutes, the notification will be sent 15 minutes after the customer creates the order.
- Abandoned cart: If set to 30 minutes, a notification will be sent 30 minutes after the customer's last add to cart.
- Abandoned product: If set to 1 hour, the notification will be sent 1 hour after the customer's last browse.
- Order confirmation: If set to 5 seconds, the customer will receive this notification 5 seconds after the order is placed successfully.
- Shipping confirmation: If set to 5 seconds, the customer will receive this notification 5 seconds after the shipment is successful.
- Thanks for reviewing: If set to 5 seconds, the customer who write a 5 star review will receive this notification 5 seconds after the review submitted.
- Win back: If set to 90 days, the customer who placed an order 90 days ago will receive this notification.
Please note that if you activate the order notification template and the shipping notification template, customers who place an order will only receive one notification, so as to avoid multiple appearances on the homepage.
6. Offer settings. When you use the Abandoned Checkout , Abandoned Cart, Abandoned Product, Thanks for reviewing and Win back templates, you can set up an exclusive offer.
The above five templates provide an exclusive offer by default. You can edit the discount, countdown setting, and style in the Offer setting section.
Once the customer clicks the notification, a discount code will be automatically generated, and a countdown banner will be displayed at the top of the page, starting from the time the customer enters the page. If the countdown ends, the discount code will automatically expire.
If the customer clicks a notification with a discount code to enter the checkout page, the discount code will be automatically filled into the discount code input box.
7. Preview the overlaying effect. When you use the order confirmation template and shipping confirmation template, you can preview the overlaying style displayed after the storefront customer clicks the notification, and you can edit some of the text.
8. Click Activate and the notification will be sent according to your settings. If you haven’t decided to start sending notifications right away, click Save as draft.
9. If you want to pause sending notifications after activating notifications, you can click the Pause button in the Web push campaign list. You can also copy a campaign by clicking the Copy button, and the event will be automatically saved as a draft.
10. After activating the notification campaign, the relevant data can be viewed in the list.