Facebook Data Assistant can be used to track the performance of your Facebook ads, including clicks, impressions, and conversions. This can help you measure the effectiveness of your ad campaigns and make data-driven decisions to optimize your ads for better results. It also allows you to add UTM parameters to your ad URLs, which can help you track the source of your ad traffic and understand which campaigns are driving the most clicks and conversions.
1. From your Shoplazza Admin > Apps > click Visit App Store.
2.Type in Facebook data assistant in the search bar, click Add app and click on your store domain.
3. Click Install app and Link it with the ads account.
4. Here you will enter the ad account ID in the pop-up window and select the account time zone. Click here to learn how you can access your Ad account ID and Time Zone.
Time zone must be consistent with the ad account time zone to ensure the store order data is correctly synchronized.
Installing the Facebook Data assistant extension
The next step is to install an extension in Chrome/Microsoft edge to create a connection between your store and Facebook ad manager.
1. Once your Ads account is linked, click Download to download the fb_data_assistant.zip.
It's important not to delete the .zip file on your computer, as this will invalidate the Facebook Data Assistant.
2. Open your Microsoft Edge/Chrome browser and locate Manage Extension.
3. Turn on Developer mode and click Load unpacked.
4. Here you will be selecting the unpacked file that you have downloaded before.
5. Confirm the file in the extension list to make sure the upload is successful.
6. Switch on the extension to enable data reporting.
You can only switch to the Facebook Data assistant when you land on the Facebook Ad Manager page. If you switch to other pages, the extension will have no effect.
Adding extra UTM parameters, re-tracking the ads data
After installing Facebook Data assistant and establishing a connection, now it's time to add extra UTM parameters.
1. Click to copy the UTM parameter.
2. Log in to your Facebook Ad manager account. After selecting the type of Ad, Paste the UTM parameter to the end of the website URL. Click Publish to Save the settings.
Customizing columns to see accurate advertising data
The last step in setting up Facebook data assistant is customizing columns.
1. Log in to your Facebook ads manager. Under the campaigns, click Columns > Customize column.
2. On the Customization column pop-window, you will select Object names and IDs.
3. On the advertising data display page, you can see the green icon, which shows the real advertising performance data.
Facebook Data Assistant matches the data to the corresponding ad campaign according to the UTM parameters attached to the store order source so that you can accurately match the order and the corresponding ads.
- Only one store can be linked to a Facebook advertising account. However, a store can have multiple Facebook ad accounts, and the performance data of the store can be displayed and reported in multiple Facebook advertising accounts. Before linking an advertising account to a store, make sure to correctly link it with the associated store.
- The Facebook data assistant is capable of adding UTM parameters to newly created ads and existing ads data. Once the function is enabled and the parameter is added, the tool will immediately start recording all reported data.
- Be sure not to delete the .zip file on your computer, as this will invalidate the Facebook Data Assistant.